ireprotect (Chester) Ltd
Tel :- 01244 536595
Fax :- 01244 533592
Manufacturers & Suppliers of Passive Fire Protection Products
FCL Plumbers Pads
FCL-Plumbing / Welding Pads
consists of a high quality body soluble felt faced
with a fire retardant silica cloth, the whole composite held
together with glass tape and fire retardant thread to form a sealed
envelope for the fibres.
- The low thermal conductivity of the fibre, means that the heat from a brazing torch is reflected rather than transferred.
- Given a limited duration of heat the pad does not allow temperatures to be reached which are high enough to damage paper, paint or plastics on the cold surface.
- The low heat retention in the pad means that after use the pad can be moved on by hand to a new joint with minimum delay.
- The pad can be frequently wrapped around a small radius without significant loss of integral strength.
- Time to cool after normal brazing operation approx. 20 seconds.
Approximate Dimensions :-
Thickness - 8mm
Standard Width - 200mm
Standard Length - 300mm
(Larger sizes available on request)