top of page
Fiberfrax & Durablankets are a family of lightweight needled blankets manufactured
from Fiberfrax® refractory ceramic fibres and
provide effective solutions to a wide spectrum
of thermal management problems.
Utilizing our proprietary high output blowing and
spinning techniques these products offer superior
insulating performance, flexibility and resilience.
Fiberfrax Durablanket products are unaffected by
most chemicals (except hydrofluoric & phosphoric
acids and concentrated alkalis). Thermal and
physical properties are retained after drying
following wetting by oil, steam or water.
Fiberfrax Durablanket products are completely
inorganic, so there are no fumes when heating for
the first time. Available in a variety of chemistry,
density and thickness combinations, the Fiberfrax
Durablanket range is one of the most versatile
available to the market today.
FIRE TEST DATA
Fiberfrax Durablanket S is non-combustible and is approved for use against cellulosic and hydrocarbon fires and for dry wrapping of structural steel.
Certification details can be supplied on request.
• Investment casting mould wrappings
• Removable insulating blankets for field stress relieving welds
• Reusable insulation for steam and gas turbines
• Flexible high temperature pipe insulation
• High temperature kiln and furnace insulation
• Soaking pit seals
• Fire protection systems
• Expansion joint seals
• High temperature gasketing
• Glass furnace crown insulation
• Incineration equipment and stack linings
• Annealing cover seals
• High temperature filtration
Fiberfrax Durablanket products have these
• High tensile strength
• Low shrinkage
• Excellent hot strength
• High resiliency
• Low thermal conductivity
• Low heat storage
• Resistance to thermal shock
• Good sound absorption
• High heat reflectance
bottom of page